Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet...All the Way Home


Twitter is taking over.  It is as if every day I open the New York Times an article concerning Twitter is placed in the Living, Technology or Business sections.  If one were to search for "Twitter" on the New York Times Web site, they will get more than 10,000 results (click here for more information). This, combined with learning about Twitter in most of my classes, led me to take the inevitable leap and start my own Twitter.  Not only is it highly popular and growing more-so every day, it can easily eat away hours of your day.   Unlike Facebook or Myspace, Twitter is only "updates."  No "about me" section or your "religious and political views."  Though those things can undoubtedly be expressed through your updates, those are not of drastic, immediate importance.  

Slowly, my friends are hopping on the Twitter bandwagon and tweeting up a storm.  With close to four weeks left in the semester, we gladly accept anything that will distract us from our homework.  

No comments:

Post a Comment