Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OMG! This Internet Shorthand is OOC!


OMG! Personally I try to stay away from using internet/texting lingo whenever possible, but in today's IM and text crazed society it's hard to stay away from it. While I knew that the degree to which people actually made acronyms and used this "language" is ridiculous, it was not until I came across an actual list, or translator if you will, of internet shorthand acronyms, that I truly realized the level the phenomenon had reached! I wouldn't be surprised if one day children will be reading textbooks written in this shorthand; I mean shoot, in theory it would cut back on paper usage and help the environment!

Once I started receiving text messages from my mom that used shorthand slang, I knew I needed to become more familiar with the terminology; this shorthand sensation is here to stay. So, if you're like me, and have trouble translating this foreign-looking internet/texting shorthand, I recommend studying this very lengthy list of acronyms. After mastering this list you will undoubtedly become an incredibly efficient communicator, cutting conversation time in half, giving you more free time to stay up-to-date on all the new acronyms created daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment